Tuesday 14 June 2011

Presenting the Piece



Now that all my individual objects are finished, I have to work out how I’m going to present the piece as a whole. I had rough idea during the creation of them and obviously I can see constraints because of size when making them.

One thing I knew I wanted to do from the offset was to present the case open with some objects inside, my inspiration here was the idea of soldier returning home an dumping all of there stuff on the floor to greet heir families. I liked this idea because it felt really human and showed of a story and emotions that is involved in the war and could potentially make the piece more emotive.
            This story of the returning soldier meant that I though the boots would be better placed about side the case, and made to look thrown off casually. I also wanted to show the sole of the boots but not too obviously as there is interesting detail here. The gun would have to be placed outside the case as well because its too big to fit inside. I think that because I want it to be a type of vase it would be better stood up to keep the flowers inside.


            Other than these objects there is a bit of free reign of the placement of the objects in the case, but these need to be done in a way to show the objects clearly but not look over cluttered.

My current favorite way to present this work is the third way as everything is clear to see but not too cluttered and i really like the gas mask lit up at the front because it grabs your attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment